Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Victory

“…after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.”
1 Co 15:24

We are free, but are we, really. The Son of God has set us free from eternal condemnation, but we are in many ways still under the domination of the evil one.

We are free, yet we are still in the processes of being freed; we have been liberated, but true liberty is yet to be obtained.

Therefore we groan and mourn, longing to be freed from the bondage of the flesh, yearning for our flesh to be united with our spirit as one harmonious entity.

At least we were consistent when we were entirely in the flesh, when we were free to do whatever we desired and weren’t afflicted by feeling of guilty.

Lord, destroy all the dominions that dominate me, all the authorities that terrorize me, and all the powers that control me. I have tasted the sweetness of freedom being the child of God, but with the sweetness came the bitterness of falling far too short in meeting your expectations for me.

Lord, holiness is what I seek; yet what I have achieved are filth and corruption beyond measure. I know what goodness is, but lack the power to achieve it and am constantly bombarded by a sense of guilt and inadequacy.

My accuser is forever before me, reminding me that I am a hypocrite, an imposter who claims to be what he is not, and who pretends to be what he can never be.

The accuser laughs. I am ashamed of myself.

Am I the only one that feels this way? All other Christians seem to have achieved their goals and are marching merrily to heaven, yet I am still wallowing in the mud. Am I a dog that returns to his vomit and licks what he has thrown up?

Am I as bad as I have described? A lot worse. I can’t possibly expose my entire being and unveil all the filth that is hidden in it. The Lord only know how deep I have sunk and how desperately I need his forgiveness and redemption.

The deeper I have fallen, that much deeper will God’s grace be for me; the farther I have strayed away from God’s love, even farther will he reach down to bring me back. My accuser will try to dominate and to bind me with his chains, but my Savior will deliver me from them all.

I am not as bad as I can possibly be; and I am not as good as I aspire to be. Aren’t we all in the same boat? We have been freed, yet are yet to enjoy complete freedom. We have leaned to soar with the aid of the divine wind, but will always come down to earth.

I am fully assured, however, I will be what God wants me to be in the future; I will be liberated from all dominion, authority, and power and will soar and dance like the angels. What you see in me is not really me, and though you may be disappointed about what I am, give me a little time and you will see the difference. Don’t look at what I am, but behold what I will become. This curled worm trapped in a black cocoon will surely break free someday.

No comments: