Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Bowl



At least one of my readers was curious about the result of the Sea Family Annual Turkey Bowl. Well, being a humble man, I wasn’t going to post the outcome of our glorious conquest over the mighty Michael & William, but being a caring man, I really hated to disappoint the insatiable desire that some of you have for information. Therefore I decided to publish the score of our highly contested two-on-two non-tackle football game held before our Thanksgiving feast, consisting of a sixteen-pound turkey with all the trimmings provided by the world- renowned chef, Mother Sea. Well, without further ado, let me just unveil the results: Robert & Rob defeated William & Michael soundly and snapped a five-year losing streak by the score of seven to five. To my great surprise Michael, being a fierce competitor, was a gracious loser who didn’t make a big fuss after the game, but William kept saying that he wasn’t one hundred percent and, for some odd reason, he developed some sort of “throw pock” during the game, making his passes less than perfect. We did have a ref and a cheerleader who called the game and made a holding call in our favor and awarded us fifteen yards. The problem was when the score was six to five she wanted to call the game, but we insisted on playing to seven. She then threw down the whistle and walked to the car and refused to call the rest of the game. I guess she was in the tank for her elderly husband and was worrying about Rob’s well being, since he was so out of shape that he had to rest for a few seconds after every play. Well, being old and out of shape didn’t really affect our performance at all, and youth and vitality didn’t guarantee victory for the other team either. All in all, it was a good day for the geezers. By the way, Rob still defeated Michael in the post-game sprint by a nose and, business as usual, I came in last, even with a sizeable head start. I dug real hard, but still didn’t go that fast. Such is the curse of aging, I guess.

P.S. The Guru will have something about romantic love in his next post. Wait and see what he has to say about this hot topic

2 comments:

William said...

To clarify, even with my throw pock I was still remarkably accurate. What my throw pock prevented me from doing was throwing tight spirals, which I value more than accuracy.

Anonymous said...

I heard Michael and William lost due to infighting.