Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hooding



I uttered a quick prayer of thanksgiving as I was walking on stage to hood Michael because, besides the great effort he put into his study thus far in his medical career, the Lord has been with him every step of the way and enabled him to complete what’s commonly considered the most difficult among all professional degrees. Michael has worked very hard and done quite well and for that I thank the Lord.

I am also thankful that Rob and Sahar flew back from NYC to attend Michael’s convocation and commencement. William is also home to be a part of our celebration. It has been quite a happy time for the Sea family and the first reunion of sorts since Christmas. Justin also flew in from Dallas to share with us the joy of Michael becoming a doctor. He is such a joy to us and it is the highlight of the day whenever he comes in.

I seemed to have spent five plus years to earn a doctoral degree for nothing but the privilege of hooding one of my boys, but it was well worth it and I am looking forward to hooding the other two someday. The Lord is good and may his name to be lifted up and praised.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post dr. Sea

Person said...

Dr. Sea, I'd like to make an appointment with you for a stomachache. I'd also like to make an appointment with the other Dr. Sea for some spiritual advice.